Today, under directions from the College of Optometrists of Ontario, we have made the difficult decision to immediately suspend all non-urgent care, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our doctors will still be accessible for ocular emergency assessments case by case. The clinic is closed.
All non-urgent appointments will be canceled and rescheduled for a later date. For urgent care please DO NOT call or come to the clinic, but send an email to: email@example.com for appropriate triaging.
For patients who need to order contact lenses, please continue to place your order request on our website at www.miltoneyecare.ca. We encourage a 6-12 months’ supply of contact lenses to be ordered.
What consists of an emergency: Ocular Emergencies require an urgent visit within 24-48 hours. Please email our office should you experience:
- Chemicals splashed into the eye within the last hour
- Sudden loss or decrease in vision, or the appearance of a cloudy veil in front of the eye
- Foreign body in the eye, ocular injury or forceful trauma to the eye or surrounding area
- Sudden onset of halos around lights; especially if associated with a red painful eye or brow
- Sudden onset of flashing lights or floaters
- Sudden onset of double vision
- Red eyes with pain, light sensitivity or pus discharge
- Swelling of eyelid
If you are not sure if you are experiencing an ocular emergency please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
As this situation evolves, Milton Eye Care is committed to providing updates to our patients. While this is a difficult time for all, we are aspired by our patients who have taken their own personal measures to protect our most vulnerable. Thank you for your understanding. Please stay safe and healthy.
Milton Eye Care team